Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanks

I had a rare time of thanks Friday morning. I was doing a bit of reading (Lessons in Truth... Cady) and I was moved to put the book down, lean back in my chair and cast my eyes to the pines in the east. I started going along, remembering each of the patients I had been working with that week, visualizing them in light and praying thanks for God's perfection within each one.

Whew! It was a powerful exercise, and one that I simply was led to do. 'One of those profound moments, you know? What was really precious to me, was that the chain of focus continued, moving along like prayer beads, from one face in my mind to the next, and it did not stop when I finished my patients. It went on to my co-workers, my sweet BiL, my sons, grandchildren, sister, family gone on, friends, etc.

I have noticed that when I let myself go deeply into the prayer time, it takes on a life of its own, pulsates and flows. When it does this it forms a presence of thanks. I don't know that it gets better than that. Not from this end, anyway.

So here you go, each one of you (and you know who you are)... the wonder and delight of the Divine in you blesses me endlessly. I thank you for it. I mean, I really, deeply thank you for every word, thought, movement, dream, breath and more that you ever have or will share with me.

This Thanksgiving, if you eat, may every bite and taste be well with you. If you serve, may you receive 10 times the love you put forth.

No comments: