Sunday, November 2, 2008

Days of the Dead

I don't get to church every Sunday, but today was one that I did. Beginning the day this way did what I think community worship does at its best... sets the pace for the rest of the day.

Our minister spoke on Dec. 22, 2012, the day which will follow the day currently being discussed with a degree of foreboding. He is really pretty excited about it, as the more he studies these things (sacred geometry, quantum physics, bioscience, etc.) the more potential, and thus hope, he sees, and listening to him it is easy to catch his enthusiasm. This week I even took notes... this guy covers too much ground in each talk for me to remember it all by ear.

We had the traditional first Sunday of the month potato bake, and even tho those taters did not get fully cooked, they were edible and the company was good. I got 3 extras and took them to Josh and his roomies (I knew Josh was studying hard today and would not have much time to eat).

I had ideas about going up to the cliff to the east and praying about the nation when I got home, but a rain was just beginning and instead, I did my praying from the shelter of our house here. BiL is gone today and it is unusually quiet here, so after that I napped a bit, and then got up and turned on the the internet, going over some emails I'd not had time to look deeply into earlier.

One of them was about the Children's Global Peace Project. http://www.cgpp.org/
It really touched my heart, and now, as the rain is coming down hard through the darkness outside, I feel like I have invested this day the best way I could, bringing my attention to community, to Spirit, to hope.

I have been reading "Lessons in Truth" this week, too, getting back to a daily meditation time. Why is it so easy to let what really matters slip under the weight of daily lists and errands?

One of the other things mentioned in the message in church this morning was the following of Halloween (all about fear) by All Hallow's Day (all about our spiritual helpers) and the Day of the Dead (all about remembering the gifts of our ancesters, the wisdom, the deeds, etc.)
And here is an interesting idea... that when we read the writings of one passed on, we 'reincarnate' what made them tick.

Wow. An idea, rethought, refreshed. Now that is a worthy thing to do with a worthy thought. Maybe I will find this week a little less challenging to do what lasts.

Peace, y'all.

Vote.

No comments: