Friday, March 23, 2007

Calling out

I percieve politics in a way of small landmarks rather than a network of meaning. So this is the approach I am taking in making my inquiries. Today I sent an email to each of the candidates. In essence, it requested action on addressing the causes of chronic disease in our nation, rather than how best to finance treating the symptoms. I'll post any responses here as I get them.

I see that Obama is initiating a campaign for local action towards change. It reminds me of the
Ask Not speech of JFK.

Not much developing from Romney.

In comparison of each guy's approach to health care, Romney promotes ideas that will grow insurance, medical, and pharmaceutical industries. Obama promotes healthier community design programs.

When the last presidential election came around, I had trouble believing that there would really be much difference in what came forth from Washington after election day, no matter what anyone was saying. What happened since then, really educated me.

I believe there can be a difference. I continue to hope.

No comments: